Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Electric Christmas turns into February

Hot Soup!

Christmas has come and gone, I planned my Christmas break around Dayna’s so we both had 2 weeks off.  For the entire 2 weeks I didn’t even look at anything to do with work, it was great!  Over the break we had a good Christmas, with Dinner and presents at Dayna’s Parents.  After a few days in Pitt Meadows we returned to our house.  Dan and Tracy came for a visit, we had a good evening together chatting and drinking some wine.  However, I lost my voice and came down with a cold, which would slow me down for a few days.   It was a good relaxing 2 week break, sick or not.   On the last day we went to Mt. Baker for a day of skiing and snowboarding.

Christmas Eve ride
Since our trip to Portland in November, I have been wanting to brew my own beer.  Over the break Ian and I bought a brewing kit and started making beer.   We decided start with a honey brown intermediate brew.  The intermediate means, we had to cook the grains and boil the hops into beer, about a 3 hours process. Then 3 weeks of waiting.  We bottled last weekend and are looking forward to trying some this Saturday when we watch the return of Hockey.  The working title for our beer is fussy ginger brewing co. 

Cooking Beer
Adding to Primary
Bottling
Testing
Over the past few weekends Dayna’s dad Don, has been helping me update/upgrade our electrical.  We recently added a plug for our fridge, yes I said fridge.  It used to be plugged in beside it and not behind.  We added a plug for the microwave, finished the hood fan and installed our new microwave (purchased with the other appliances last march).  It’s great to finally have a hood fan that vents outside, the old one used to just blow the air back into the kitchen.   We also added under mount lighting and a second light switch.  The kitchen is now ready for painting.  The work continues, as we will now work around the house to sort out the old electrical and add light switches and plugs where needed.







Replacing kitchen sink plumping, removed the old plugged cast iron pipe

One Month delay….. ops

We just painted our kitchen purple… a little too purple, but its growing on us.  We are going to wait until the floor and back splash is done before deciding if we will be changing it or not.  Over the last month I have been busy at the indoor BMX track, running races and camps, now that it has closed for the season I can get back to working around the house.   

I just started a new project, I’m making us bedside tables, out of pallets.  The other day I broke down 7 pallets, I probably need 7 more to make the 2 tables.   Stay tuned for how they are going to turn out.

The Fussy Ginger brewing co. is also working hard.  We just brewed our fourth beer, a stout and the second batch (IPA) is ready for drinking.  So far so good. 

Oh and I mowed my lawn last Sunday (march 3rd). 


Our Headboard, 100 year old door from the Elk lodge in Fernie, BC

Fussy Ginger IPA

No comments:

Post a Comment